Downloading audible books to your computer is quite easy. This quick tutorial will teach you how to download audible books to PC, Mac, Android device, iPhone, Kindle and kindle fire, along with downloaded audible files location. This will help you find where are audible books stored on your computer, listen and enjoy them. Further more, you’ll also discover the best way to back up audible books on your computer.
1. How to download audible books to PC(adh, windows app, audibleSync)
3 different methods will be shared for Windows users.
#1 — From audible.com directly (Windows 7, 8, 10)
1. Go to audible.com in a browser and log into your account, then select “Library” in the menu at the top of the screen.
2. Click “Download” button next to the book title to download the audible books.
3. You’ll then see the download notification pop up. Just choose the folder you want to store your download audible books and then click on “Save”.
Once it’s finished downloading, you’d be able to see the audible files are in .aax format.
#2– From Audible Windows app (Windows 8, 10)
If you want to purchase, download and listen to Audible books in one application, you should download Audible Windows App.
1. Launch the Audible app. Get if from Microsoft store if you still have not installed it.
2. Sign in to Audible Windows 10 app with your Amazon account.
3. Click the Library icon.
4. Click the three dots button next to your Audible books and then select “Download” from the drop-down list.
#3 — From AudibleSync(Windows 10, 8)
AudibleSync is a new app launched by Audible in 2020. Downloading audible books is its only functionality.
1. Launch AudibleSync and Login to it with your Audible Account. ( Install AudibleSync first if you still have not).
2. Go to Audible Library, and click “Download” button next to its title and give it a few seconds for downloading.
3. Once downloaded, you won’t see that download button any more.
Where are audible books download to pc?
#1. By default, audible books downloaded via audible website directly are stored here but you can choose the folder by yourself:
#2. Audible books downloaded via Audible windows app are saved in this folder: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\AudibleInc.AudibleforWindowsPhone_xns73kv1ymhp2\LocalState\Content
You can also find it by going to settings → Downloads →clicking “Open Download location in File Explorer” to locate the downloaded Audible books.
#3. Audible books downloaded via AudibleSync are saved in this folder: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\AudibleSync\downloads.
2. How to download audible books to Mac
Compared with Windows, there is only one method to download audible books to Mac but it is super easy. You don’t even to install extra app to help you do this job.
1. Go to audible.com in a web browser.
2. Sign in your Amazon account.
3. Click Download button to download your audible books to Mac.
A window will pop up and you can choose the location by yourself to store the Audible file on your Mac.
Now since you’ve downloaded the Audible books to your computer, you can go to the location and check the files. The file extension would be either .aa or .aax.
Where are audible books stored on Mac?
You can choose where to store your audible books on Mac and remember its location.
3. How to download audible books to Android
1. Tap menu button (☰) in the upper-left side of the main Audible page.
2. Tap Library, long-press your book, and tap Download or just tap the book cover to download this audible book.
Where are audible files stored on android?
The default audible file location on android is here:
Learn how to convert audible books downloaded on android device to drm-free mp3 files?
4. How to download audible books to iphone
Once you’ve signed into your Audible account, it will take you directly to that “My Library” tab at the bottom, where all your purchased books live. Books that have not been downloaded will have an arrow on the bottom right corner of the cover.
Simply tap on it once, your audiobook starts downloading, and is ready to play after a few seconds. To easily find all the books you’ve downloaded to your phone, tap the “Device” bar at the top of your library.
Where are audible books stored on iphone?
You cannot find your downloaded audible files on iPhone or iOS devices because the iOS system is closed system.
5. How to download audible books to kindle eReader
1. Tap “My Library” on Kindle and user filter to see Audible books only by choosing “Audible”.
2. Tap the book cover to download audible books to your kindle.
Where are audible books stored on kindle?
The downloaded audible books will be stored under the “Audible” folder on your kindle device.
Want to know if you kindle eReader supports Audible books or not? Check the below audible compatible kindle device sheet.
Audible Compatible Kindle Devices
|Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Oasis (9th Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Oasis (8th Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle (8th Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle (1st & 2nd Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Fire (1st & 2nd Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Fire HD (2nd & 3rd Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Gen)||Yes|
|Fire HDX (4th Gen)||Yes|
|Fire HD (4th-8th Gen)||Yes|
|Fire (5th Gen)||Yes|
|Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen, 6th Gen, 7th Gen)||No|
|Kindle (7th Gen)||No|
6. How to download audible books to Kindle fire
1. On Kindle Fires there is an “Audible” tab located on the top bar of the home screen. Tapping “Audible” will reveal any of your already purchased items located in the cloud.
2. In the Audible library, just tap the book cover to download it.
How to back up audible books safely?
Generally, the audible files are associated with audible account. Knowing the audible file location is not the end of story. We need to remove audible drm and convert audible books to mp3 for safely backup.
When it comes to converting audible to mp3, an easy tool call iSummersoft Audible Converter will be your best bet to start off. It is your one-stop solution for audible books. Cracking audible drm, converting audible in mp3, and splitting audible books in to chapters are all supported. Most importantly, it is easy to use.
1. Run iSummersoft Audible Converter and drag & drop your download audible books to it. (If the books are downloaded to android, please read how to convert audible aaxc to mp3.)
2. Then click gear icon in the top-right corner to open the spliting settings. The check “Split by chapters” >>”ok”. If you want to keep the converted mp3 audible books in one file, just skip this step.
3. Select mp3 or m4b, then click “Convert to MP3” or “Convert to M4B” to start the conversion.
4. Once done, click “Open” to unveil the converted files.
These drm-free mp3 or m4b files are total under your control.